Tuesday 10 October 2017

Acorn Tuesday costcutter

A nice clear drive down to Acorn today, which was a lot better than the drive home due to a nasty accident on the motorway near Magor. Took me 40 minutes from the bridge to home. Usually takes 15 minutes. Anyway no breakfast anymore so it was straight into the draw and out pops 33. Smile on face 😜. It’s a nice peg next to the bridge and with no one on 34, it could be an interesting day. Steve Shaw had a big weight off this peg two weeks ago fishing maggot over groundbait down both margins. So I set up two rigs for that today. Also a Shalla slim to fish the island in 18 inches with 6mm pellet. But that never got used there. But did get a run out somewhere else later. And a  .4 slim to fish 6mm pellet at five sections on the deck halfway along the bridge. At the all in I fed my lines and went out on the top five line and fed 6 pellets over the top and was straight into a carp. But it was foul hooked and came off. Same again next drop in, #&(@&**”’. Language Timothy!!. Frustrating but at least there were fish there. After the first hour I’d put 8 in the net and lost 4, but as usual, the bridge peg fish are small and I’d only put 24lb on my clicker. At least I was catching so I was happy. But the fish moved off for about 90 minutes and I only had about another 6 by half way. Eddie Wynne next to me was going for silvers and was slowly building a weight of them, but he was working hard for it. Fair play he kept at it all day. I tried the margins on and off but saw no indications of anything. In fact I never had anything apart from a couple of silvers there all day. So I stuck it out along the bridge and slowly started to catch regularly. About an hour from the end I saw a few fish coming up for my loose feed so the island rig was adjusted and I stared a bit of slapping and took about 10 fish shallow. The last twenty minutes I went back on the deck as they spooked on the surface and another 4 were put in the net. At the end I'd had around 40 carp and both me and Eddie thought I had 120lb and we were just about spot on as I had 121- 4 for first on the day. Second was Dave Wride with 99-1 from peg 22 and third was Ray Bazeley with 88-4 from peg 9. Eddie Wynne got his reward for working hard to take top silvers with 12-4 from peg 31. Gotta admit It was enjoyable. Lots of bites and busy most of the day.

1st Stu Barnett 121-4
2nd Dave Wride 99-1
3rdRay Bazeley 88-4

Silvers
Eddie Wynne 12-4
Dave Wride12-00



No comments:

Post a Comment