Monday 26 March 2018

Landsend saturday open 24/3/2018

This place has to be my favourite venue, so as usual my weekly trip out dangling was at this picturesque fishery. I had promised to post Russ Peck some floats but didnt get around to it so it was a good excuse to deliver by hand. After a very nice breakfast, as usual, it was into the draw bucket and blow me if I didn`t get a peg past the gap in the island. peg 17. First time that end of the lake since some hippy was nailed to the cross. Well that`s how it feels lol. I was happy with that so off I trot with a little skip in my step. Slight exaggeration there. for company I had Richard (damned if I can remember his last name) on 19. And Mike Ducket on 21. Opposite was Beanie on 5 and I could see Russ through the trees on 11. But he wasn`t a happy bunny as he had it last week and struggled. $ rigs today/ A .15 shalla slim for against the island on 6mm pellet. A .4 slim carp rig for the bottom of the island shelf. It would also do as a meat rig at 7 meters. a .3 slim for silvers at 11 meters left and right of centre. And a .3 SS Margin for the pallets both sides. at the start I went across as it was fairly warm so I thought I might get something early shallow. It didn`t happen and after 30 minutes I switched to the bottom of the shelf. By now Mike had got off to a flyer and was getting decent carp on meat at 7 meters. The top end of the lake was struggling like me, so a rethink was in order. I started feeding 3 pieces of meat every ten minutes in the 7 meter line but left it for quite a while. Richard next to me swapped to the shorter line after struggling for 90 minutes tight over and that was his day sorted. it was solid in front of him and he caught constantly after that. I had a couple across at the bottom of the shelf but it was slow. My day was spent searching for fish. I did take carp on all lines but it was one at a time and just couldn`t get a steady rhythm going. Mike who had got off to a flyer slowed right up in the last two hours, but Rich just kept a good steady flow going. I tried my best to catch him but he was always 6 or 8 fish ahead. at the end the three of us were clearly going to take the spoils and i knew Richard has won by a good margin, but it was going to be close between Mike and myself. the scales came around to us and I was first to wiegh putting 11lb of silver and 73lb of carp for 84-13. Rich had a few silver but his carp took him to 114lb. Mike was last to weigh and had an all carp bag of 91lb. so its clear were the carp have moved to. They aint in 13 and 11 at the mo. Makes a change for them to be in different pegs. Steve Seager took top silvers with 19lb so he had a nice day too. Unfortunately I didn`t get the weigh sheet photo so my weight might not be spot on but ya get the drift.
P.S. thanks Russ Peck for the quid side bet. It was a pleasure relieving you of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment