Sunday 6 October 2019

Landsend saturday open 5/10/19

A disappointing turn out today with only 5 of us turning up. Not sure why more are not coming as its fishing well at the mo. Started off by pinching Beanies parking spot and suffered a bit of a tongue lashing from him lol. And no Russ peck today so I was always going home a quid short 😜.
All pegs today were going to be on the far side of match lake so everybody would be in with a chance for a few. Into the draw bucket and peg 18 sticks to my fingers. Had this two weeks ago in the 3 dayer  and had a good day catching mainly to my right by the tree stump.

Started off today straight down that edge as there were fish showing and I just couldnt resist it. About two minutes after the first drop in fish number one was hooked and a good 7 pounder was netted. By that time Dave Hodgson to my left had two in the net. They were hungry. but that was it for now down that line, but I expected that being so early. So it was out on 2+2 with 6mm pellet. I had a couple there before it died. Across to the island for a while and had a quick couple before they got picky on what they sucked in. It was black with fish and good ones too. But even when I could see 6 or 8 feeding they worked around the hook and I struggled to get anything.


So most of the rest of the match was spent mainly down the margin to my right  switching from corn and pellet. It wasnt hectic but it kept ticking over with the odd decent fish coming to the net. I did have a short run of fish at the bottom of the far shelf but they were all small fish. The last hour sparked into life down the edge and I caught really well. On reflection I should have caught a lot more as I fed fairly lightly most of the match and it wasnt until I decided to really up the feed down the edge did they come in in any numbers. Lesson for next time. My guess at the end was I had around 120lb. Ray White on 13 did his usual silvers approach and had 7-4 of them for top silvers weight in his total of 29-2. Dave Hodgson on 16 weighed 87-00. My net of all carp went a surprising 144-06 for top weight on the day. Dave Westcott on 21 struggled for 21-00. Nice matching numbers Dave.  And Mike Duckett on 24 has 121-1, where he caught nearly all his big fish in front of platform 23 on meat. Full weigh sheet below. Next week its the Mathern Mill silver series for me. Ill have to check all my elastics and buy some of those wriggly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment