Saturday 3 July 2021

Landsend saturday open 4/7/21

 Down to Landsend today for the usual saturday comp. 22 fishing today which is the best I`ve seen I think. So it was an even spread on match and lake three. Mike Did the draw and he pulls out 19 for me. I had it last week but didnt finish the match as I was feeling ill and if I didnt go home when I did I might have been sleeping in the car park. To be fair I fished a bad match. Couldnt make up my mind on what to do, either carp or silver. Last week I did catch across at the weed bed and I spent too much time today trying to get carp, but they were not having it today over there. All I was getting was little tench and F1`s. Even on 8mm pellet. though I should have gone for them as I did end up with a decent weight of them even though I wasnt targeting them. The dedicated silvers line short did t get going. So it was swapping around. got my first carp after 3 1/2 hours down the self to my right. I stuck it out there for most of the remaining time and got around 10 carp and the odd silver. all on 8mm pellet. I ended up with 18lb of silvers and 48lb of carp for a total of 67-6. The peg was worth more thsan that today and I should have stuck it out for the silvers as they were paying two of carp and silvers on both lakes. Hind sight is a wonderfull thing. So the quid bet went to Russ peck today as he beet my by 2lb from peg 13. Vic Bush won our lake today with a total of 94-4 frm peg 17. Top silvers was Nigel bartlet with 35lb. The weigh sheet for our lake is below. Didnt get lake threes sheet as it was taking forever to get back and I wanted to get home for the football. And as you will see the sheet is a bit soggy after the downpour we suffered.   



No comments:

Post a Comment