Monday 25 July 2016

Chilton Trinity open.

Off to Chilton Trinity today for an open organised by Mr Rixon. After arriving just in time for the draw thanks to the huge que for food at the motorway services ( bloody school holidays) I had the last ticket left and was handed peg 6. A flyer I was told. We will see. Got to the peg to find plenty of fish cruising as they were all over the lake. Rigs for today were a shallow and deep rig to fish pellet at 13 metres. A meat rig for 2+2. Two margin rigs, as my left margin was two feet deeper than the right, to fish meat or pellet. And a pellet waggler to fish for the cruisers at distance. Feed all lines at the start and started on the shallow rig, slapping an 8mm and feeding 6's. First fish came after 15 minutes. By this time Martin Flanagan opposite had two in the net fishing shallow. I persevered for another 20 minutes but there was no more interest on that line, so I switched to the depth rigs because it was fizzing like a jacuzzi. Five minutes later my first bite and I hooked what I thought was a good skimmer as it came in like a wet sack just flicking it's head. When it came to the surface it turned out to be a munter carp of about 14lb. Then it went nuts. After a nervous fight avoiding  it going under the platform it was safely netted. But that was it for that line. Two hours later all I had added was a small skimmer to the net. I tried the margins but was getting blasted by whitebait on meat and pellet. At one stage I thought my meat was starting to rise in the water, as three pieces came to the surface, but it was tiny roach chasing each other around  with it in their mouths. Even 8mm pellet was getting hammered and the float just wouldn't settle if it got to the bottom. So I tried the pellet wag at about 35 metres and did manage to get one, but that was the only bite on that. At the four hour mark it was looking like a struggler all round this end of the lake, then Martin MacMahon started to catch in his margin on pellet on peg 2. The rest of the match didn't change much but I did get two small carp from the left margin. At the weigh I put a miserable 32-2 on the scales and yet again went home not too happy. First on the day ,yet again,  was Tony Rixon. Continuing his good run of wins, on peg 15 with 108-15, fishing shallow then catching down his edge.  Second was Clayton Hudson on peg 24 with 88-4 of shallow caught carp. Third was Martin MacMahon with 74-6. First in the silver's was Ken Rayner with 7-13. Not sure when it's gonna happen but I will have a good day at this venue. Maybe next time in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment