Sunday 4 November 2018

Double blog. Landsend and Windmill

Two in one today. Saturday I went down to Landsend. Haven`t been there for a month, due to other commitments, and I was going to be late to the draw today so a call to Mike was made and i would have the last peg in the bucket. Got there 20 minutes late and was told I had peg 3. Not too happy with it. as its the wrong side of the lake and peg 1 is where you`d want to be on that side. But Russ Peck had that so the quid was on. Wont go into much detail as bugger all happened for me. One carp foul hooked after ten minutes and one other bite three hours later for a single perch. And as I dont believe in flogging a dead horse I left at 2 o`clock and went home to watch football. Russ was catching wherever he wanted so the match was his for the sixth in a row, Go Russ you super star. Don`t know any other placings as interest was at zero.

Windmill on Sunday and the forecast was for a miserable day. And yep it was. Constant misle all day. As Peter Kay would say, " that rain the soaks you through". drew peg 18, which was the golden peg, so pressure on again. Whenever I draw the golden peg it guarantees ill have a shite day, and today was no exception. It was two hours to my first bite on my silvers line, and it was the only bite I had there. Then a bit after I started catching small carp at 11 meters on corn. And I mean small. I had 16 by the end of the match for 34-02. Every body had at least a couple of lumps. So i`ve no idea why I was stuck with the nursery fish. No bites in the margin and only one bite and one fish from my shorter meat line. Overall a crap day. Winner today was Bob 'Bread Head' Price from peg 22 with 77-9 taken on corn. Must have forgotten his bread. Results below.


No comments:

Post a Comment