Sunday 11 August 2019

Landsend Saturday open

with the weather promising to be a bit windy today I wasnt expecting a big turn out. On the radio it said winds to 65mph up the Bristol channel and that is a but more than windy. So it may be a big waste of time today, but it was a south westerly so the wind would be across the lake. Getting there I was on my own for 20 minutes before Beanie and Ray White pulled in together, very cosy lol. and with only 2 more to go it wasnt going to be a big occasion. And for some stupid reason we thought we would try an experiment and fish lake 4. Ive only ever looked at it a couple of times and had no idea what to expect. Even though it seemed well protected from the wind, Russ peck said it was a bad Idea. So I wont go into much detail as it was absolute shite. Myself and Russ drew the last two pegs and after 3 hours we had 6 roach between us and I had all 6 of them. Nice blank Russ hahahaha. So the quid side bet was abandoned and we took our top kits and dropped a few pellets in down the edge on lake 3 and proceeded to bang a few carp out. We had 50-60lb in a very short time though Russ did have about 4 before I joined in the fun. But the water was black with carp churning up the whole lake. Should have stayed with plan `A` and fish lake 3 as was booked in. I was back in the van by 4 oclock and driving home. At least I got back in time to watch Spurs win over the crappy Villa. So that was my first and last time Ill fish that lake as When I travel for an hour I at least want a chance to catch something.

No comments:

Post a Comment