Tuesday 10 September 2019

Acorn cost cutter

 Last day of my week off today so I wondered off to acorn for the Tuesday open with all the ususal reprobates. A visit to the bridge in for breakfast was the first stop  before heading to the draw. into the bag and ping pong ball 15 was in my hand. Cant remember drawing that before  but I didnt mind that bank for a change.





There were a few fish moving all around the peg so I was looking forward to a decent day, and none of the mega cock ups like last match here when i went over in all my nets. 4 rigs set up today. The usual .15 shalla Slim to fish tight to the island. A .4 Slim to fish 2+2 on pellet. A new wire stemed float Im trying to do a bit of slapping over the 2+2 line. And  a .2 SS Margin for down the edges. At the start I went out to the 2+2 line and fed 4mm pellet just to see what was around. With a 6mm on the band I had a couple of small skimmer and 2 F1s in the first 15 minutes. I fired a few 6`s to the far bank and saw a bit of movement so I went over at 13 1/2 meters. No wind roday so it was nice comfortable fishing across. It took a few drop ins but I did get a couple of fish out that went around 10lb between them. I was getting loads of indications but not connecting with much. small roach my guess. I stuck with it for about an hour but it wasnt that productive with only 4 fish in the net. so it was back to the 2+2 line were i had started to feed 6mm`s. had a couple on that line but it wasnt as good as I thought it would be as this was my banker line. a look down the edges produced a couple of big fish around mid match on 8mm pellet and by then I had about 50lb in the net. Then the 2+2 line started fizzing like a bottle of pop and I started getting fish switching from full depth to fishing shallow slapping. I was loosing a lot especially at full depth foal hooking fish in mid water and It did get a bit frustrating. With 90 minutes to go I was knocking on the 100lb markand fish were showing up in numbers downthe edge. id been trying it in and out and lost just about everything Id hooked there so I was was spooking them but  I decided to concentrate down the edge for the remainder  of the match feeding 6`s and 8`s and fishing 8`s in the band, and had a good run of decent fish but still loosing loads that were hooked in various parts of the body. With ten minutes to go I needed another net but I couldnt be arsed to get up and grab another so I dragged my silvers net and dumped about 6 ounces of skimmers back and put 2 more in that net before the all out. A decision I was later to regret. Took a while for the weigh in to get round and Steve Collins weighed in before me on Peg 11. Id seen him getting a few but was surprised when he put 168-14 on the scales. then it was my turn and my 4 nets went 168-11, damn putting those skimmers back as they would have given me a few more ounces and a win on the day. But then, who`s to say I would have put two more carp in the net if id got off my box and and wasted time getting another net. We will never know. So I had to settle for second. At least I didnt go over in any net today.  hasd a giggle after the weigh in watching Ray Baisley trying to get a photo of the weigh sheets. It took two of them. It was a bit "To you, To me, To you, To me. A photo of the event and full results below




No comments:

Post a Comment