Sunday 9 February 2020

Mathern Mill Open 8/2/2020

Short drive today to Mathern. 24 fishing and both lake were being used. Into the draw bag and peg 11 on Motorway lake comes out. Useually a very good silvers peg , but as I didnt go into the silvers pool that spoiled things. I will keep this very very short. The lake fished CRAAAAAAP. Hardly anything caught from what i could see. All I had was two big skimmers and lost two at the net, but fishing with carp gear the elastic was probably too heavy. I also lost one of the lake huge carp that did its best to pull me in before the hook got straightened out. And apart from that I missed one bite. packed up with an hour to go as I just couldn`t see anything improving. When you see anglers of the caliber of Craig Challingsworth and Gabe Scarba packing up way before me you know its bad. Didn`t hang around for the results so no idea what won it. I was home drinking coffee before rhe match ended. Winter league at Landsend next week. Hope thats a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment