Tuesday 3 March 2020

Landsend winterleague round 6 sort of.

A few days late doing this blog. As the last round was postponed this should have been the last match but we got one more re-aranged match to go. We were on match lake today and as I am at the top at the mo I needed a good draw to make things comfortable in the last round. I drew peg 11. A few weeks ago I would have ran to this peg but its a feast or famine peg and at the mo its seams to be a bit of the latter. To say it was hard going is an understatement. I struggled all day for 12 bites. I switched around rigs and lines every 15 minutes just searching for fish. The best line was the deep hole off the end of the island at 14 1/2 metres on pellet. I managed 4 carp and one skimmer from there. I also took one F1 from the end of the island in the shallower water and my biggest carp of the day, around 8lb, foul hooked dropping in amoungst the reed bed to the left. I totaled 28-10 for absolutely nowhere on the day. So that is my dropper weight. It was strange as I never saw a single fish top all day, and in a lake with so many fish in it that was pretty unusual. First on the day was Nick Ducket who never had a touch untill 3 hours in then proceeded to empty his peg on meat for 134-14 from peg 19. Second was Dale Howsen on 24 with 78-12. Third, and getting too close for comfort in the final standings, was Lee Williams on peg 15 with 56-12. That puts him just three points behind me going into the final match in two weeks. A good draw is deffinately needed. No slip ups next time I hope. Full results below.



No comments:

Post a Comment