Monday 30 August 2021

Landsend Saturday Open 28/8/21

 Realy late with this one, Nearly forgot what I did on the day. Pegged over Match and lake three and I had peg 5 drawn out for me. Quite happy as there always lots of carp around and it a nice narrow peg. Had rigs set up for the far side up and down the shelf on pellet, one for down the track for meat, and one for between the lilly bed`s in my left margin. Long story short I spent most of the day across to the island which was solid with fish. Far too many as it turned out as foul hookers was a nightmare. Carp were just swimming through my line constantly and spooking when they touched the rig that was only a foot deep. Must have lost 150lb of fish. Landing around one in four hooked. I spent ages in the realy shallow stuff as they were lined up there, but did have a bit more success a meter farther out which was 6 inches deeper, but still a mass of foul hooked and lost fish. Even down the left edge I only managed to land one and loose everything else. Torrettes was in full flight and I even discovered words I didnt know before. Nothing came from the meat line, though I didnt realy give it a proper go. But I did enough to get the win on Match lake with a poultry 61lb. Pete Nurse over on 19 was second only 5lb behind. Silver went to The Bean Machine Dave westcott with 21-00. Lake three was won by Steve leaf |Blower Seager with 131-6. And silvers was won by Alvin Jones with a heafty 40-11. We did have bit of a scare on match lake when something came crashing through the undergrowth on the end bank. We thought a gorilla troup had come down for a drink but it was just the The Fluffy badger  Rod Silver Back Wootton recovering his rig that got caught in the bushes. Did make us chuckle cos I recon he was close to going for a swim. I wouldnt have laughed, well not for too long. Yes I would, I would have died laughing. Full results below.



No comments:

Post a Comment