Sunday 17 April 2016

Landsend open


Day two this weekend at this great venue, and hoping to keep a decent run here going. Another realy nice breakfast downed and into the cabin for the draw. 19 fishing today so it was split over Match and top lake with the top three plus silvers being paid on both. Into the bucket and I pull out number 5 on Match. Not too disappointed as its the narrowest peg on the lake at 13 meters. After fishing 16 meters all day yesterday I was glad to fish shorter. For company I had Bristol's very own Wee man, Jason Radford on 19 opposite, were I was yesterday. To my right was Nick Bartlett on 7, who had my peg yesterday and had 42lb of silvers, so I thought I might snag a few of them today, and Russ Peck on 1. Looking down the lake between pegs 2 and 3 there must have been 50 good carp cruising around in the sun. Oh happy days. Four rigs today. A. .15 slim to fish tight to the island with banded pellet on an 18 to .013. A   .4 slim to fish meat at 9 meters  and to the platforms left and right, on a 16 to .013. A .4 pencil with an 18 on .013 to fish expanders over soaked micro's incase the silvers came on in numbers on the 2+2 line. And a .3 margin slim to fish meat to my left margin. At the start I pinged some 6mm's to the island and potted some meat and micros to their respective spots. Started over to the island and had my first fish after about 10 minutes. I stayed over there for an hour and a half taking a few carp and F1's but also loosing 5, but it wasn't exactly hectic and then it totaly died off.   It was a case of catch feed and wait a while. Most bites came after lifting and dropping. Letting it sit there was too slow. I then came in and tried the 2+2 but never had a touch there so that rig was put aside and not touched again. Jason was getting the odd fish across to the island but was getting a spanking, as we all were, from Alex Murray who was slowly emptying it fishing shallow tight to the island on 17. Nick was finding the silver fishing hard going and Russ was struggling to get anything of note but was having a good laugh at whoever was opposite him on 24, as he was moaning about, well, just about everything lol.  I then tried the platforms either side of me but wasn't hoping for much as it was a bit early to try there. Nothing came on that line at all but I did manage to mug one on meat that was slurping in the weed to my left. It was back to the island and I did catch slowly but it was hard going. With about two hours to go I started on the meat line and started catching some big skimmers and the odd carp and F1's. I stayed on that line apart from another 15 fishless minutes over by the island. At the end I thought I'd managed over 70lb but wasn't sure. At the weight in my silvers went 20-8 and my carp dead on 60lb for a 80-8 total for third on the lake. Alex Murray put a grand total of 177-4 on the scales and Kev Molten , who I couldn't see but could here dropping fish in the net had 86-8 on peg 21. Tony Rixon won the top lake with 113-4. Another nice days fishing with fab weather. Even managed bit of a tan. Realy enjoying fishing this place at the mo and looking forward to going again in two week.

Results.

Match lake
1st Alex Murray 177-4.
2nd Kev Molten 86-8.
3rd me with 80-8.
Top silvers Nick Bartlett 29-12.

Top lake
1st Tony Rixon 113-4.
2nd S Seager 90lb.
3rd Joe McMahon 83-11.
Top silvers G Coton 30-10

No comments:

Post a Comment