Saturday 16 April 2016

Landsend Saturday open.

Off to Landsend fishery for the first of two visits this weekend. Got there in plenty of time to munch down a very nice breakfast before the 9-30 draw. Into the draw bucket and out comes peg 19. Not too disappointed with that. Got to the peg and found the breeze blowing into me from a 10 o'clock angle between the two islands but not enough to be a real problem. Three rings today.  A .4 margin slim to fish meat in four feet of water  down to my right to the next platform. A   .15 slim with 2 number ten dropper with an 18 on .013 to fish hard pellet at 16 meters to the island. And a .5 pencil to fish 2+2, 11 meters and at the bottom of the far side with a 16 to .013 for various baits when required. Gotta love a peg with a flat bottom. For company I had Tom Mangle to my left on 17, Nick,  not sure of surname, to my right on 19 and Rod Wooton on 24 in the corner. Started of feeding all my chosen lines and watche'd Tom get 2 carp in two drops before I'd wet a line lol. I went out on 2+2 on meat and hoped for some instant action but that never happened. A quick try with caster over the same line only produced two blippy perch to that rig went away. Tom hadn't had any more but there were fish cruising around. Rod and Nick were also having a slow start. I went over to the island on 6mm pellet over cattied 4's and had two quick carp, both of the smaller variety. I kept on this line for another half hour but only put one more in the net. A look down to the pallet to my right on meat and although I had a few bites I recon it was white bait messing with it. I stuck with it for 20 minutes and did manage an Ide of about two pound. Nick had now taken a couple but Rod was having a slow day and had started concentrating on the silvers. Back on the 16 meter line and had a short purple patch taking two more carp and two decent F1's. Tom was now getting the odd carp long as was Nick. It went quiet for me and it was quite a while between fish for a couple of hours. I did loose a few which was frustrating so into my rod holdall and a different elastic was picked out. This solved the lost fish problem. About two hours from the end I saw Nick get off his box and disappear up the bank. He had lost his top five of his new M70 pole to a carp. Then I saw it floating past me obviously with the fish still on, so I managed to flick my rig over it and hook the elastic connector and drag it in with the fish still attached. It was only a squeaker too lol. I stuck it out on the 16 meter line for most of the match after that and had a good last two hours putting around 15 more carp and a few F1's in the net . Tom had had a few lumps down his margin so I knew it was gonna be close between us for the win as I had heard a few saying it was hard around the lake. Tom stuck 16-4 of silvers and 95-10
Of carp on the scales for 111-14 total. My silvers went 11-14 and 85-8 of carp for 97-6 and second on the day.  Top silvers was 42-3. A nice day in the end with decent weather. Back again tomorrow for one of Tony Rixon's opens.

1st Tom Mangle 111-14
2nd me 97-6

Top silvers Nigel 42-3
Sorry, don't knew all the surnames

No comments:

Post a Comment