Sunday 25 September 2016

Landsend saturday open

Down the M5 to landsend today and it's a nice change not to have all the horrid school holiday traffic. After one of ID's lush breakfasts it was time for the draw. Only two pegs I didn't fancy as always and that's 1 and 24. With 14 fishing there was little chance I'd draw one of those. WRONG!!!!. Peg 1 was in my hand. Not a peg I fancy at all. Ah well, I guess bad draws are part of match fishing. Got to the peg and it was blowing a gale into my face. To keep it short. The island line at 16 1/2 metres was bloody hard work as bait presentation was crap. Only had one fish there. The end bank took several hours to get going and I only had 5 squeakers there. Under the tree to the right produced just two good skimmers. Only place that produced any half decent fish was the 2+1 line straight in front. But when you go 4 hours with only 1 carp and 1 skimmer it was a case of trying to enjoy catching a few late. At the end I weighed 45-10 for less than nowhere. The match was won by Derrick Beard on 15 with 95-02. It was hard all over with most struggling for the first 3 or 4 hours.

1st Derrick Beard, peg 15, 95-02
2nd Rich Wheatley, peg 13, 85-06
3rd L Jones, peg 22, 72-12

No comments:

Post a Comment