Sunday 25 September 2016

Windmill fishery sunday open

Short drive to Westerly today. Only went realy to deliver some floats to the ever green Mike Nicholls. After the the usual bumbling around, which is normal here, even after everybody had paid there money on time the draw was done nearly 15 minutes late. It's like a comedy show at this place. As I know very little about the venue, the draw wasn't too important as I was only gonna fish for carp with pellets. Out pops peg 3. Next door on 2 was Mr Evergreen, so good company today. He had the golden peg and a peg known for big carp down the edge but he stuck to his tried and trusted way of doing things and it paid off. Set up a paste rig for 8 metres. That's as far as I was going in the usual hurricane blowing down the lake. A silvers rig for 2+2, plus a carp rig to fish the same line incase they turned up. They never. Plus a margin rig. But nothing showed up there all day. And Mike only had two there. Plus a bomb rod as there were fish moving against the island. Well, that's were I stayed most of the day as the close lines and margins were void of carp today. I did try close and the paste lines but never had anything at all on the pole. Mike stuck to his silvers line and had top weight on the day. I didn't get the results as they were sorted while I was packing the car and as it was peeing down I couldn't be bothered to go and find the weight sheet. I will edit this when Mike publishes his blog later. Don't even know what my final weight was but it was in the low 60's.

No comments:

Post a Comment