Saturday 19 November 2016

Landsend open 19/11/16

Left the house this morning and had to crack  open the doors on the car. Nasty bit of frost. Had a good brekkie at the fishery and went in to draw my peg. Out pops number 9. For company I had Rod Wooten on 11. Same peg he struggled on last week. Russ peck on 5. Opposit was Steve Seager on 15, same as last week. 19 was Rob Watts, same as last week. Peg 3, Mike Ducket, same as last week. Hmmm, there's a pattern emerging here. Three rigs today. A Shalla slim to fish under the bush on the island. And in a gap in the reeds to the right. A .4 slim to fish meat at the bottom of the far shelf. And a .4 pencil float to fish just about everywhere else in the peg as the depth was the same all over. At the start I fed the long lines and dropped in a few casters to my left on the 2+1 line and meat to the right. And some soaked micros on the top 5 line. Starting on the caster line I went 15 minutes with no indications. So it was over to the long meat line. It took a while but I had my first bite. Bit never connected. This happened 4 times over the next 40 minutes so I'm guessing it was just liners. After about 75 minutes I saw a carp on the shallow line so I dropped a six mm pellet on it and the float burried in seconds. But it was foul hooked and after a mad 5 minutes it was netted. Another followed 15 minutes later, but that was the last of the carp action for the day. In fact it was just about the last of all action for the day. Apart from a good skimmer and blippy roach on expander and one quickly lost carp on the long meat line, I hardly had anymore bites. Rod suffered the same fate. With bites a premium and only two Carp for his efforts. Steve opposite won on the day with 42-8, and Mike Ducket second with 36-5. The practice they had on those pegs last week must have helped. My poultry few went 11-6 which was the lowest recorded weight on the day. All in all a day to forget.

1st Steve Seager 42-8.
2nd Mike Ducket 36-5.
3rd Russ Peck 35-7

Silvers
1st Russ Peck 8-10
2nd Beanie 3-8

No comments:

Post a Comment