Sunday 6 November 2016

Landsend Saturday open.

Got to the venue with just 15 minutes to scoff down a breakfast, who h I managed to do easily and then grabbed the last time let in the bucket. Out comes 19, happy days. It's had form lately so was fairly confident for a change. Not had the best of luck for a bit but that changed last summer day at Windmill and this made it two on the trot. Usually a good peg to fish lo g to the island and grab  carp shallow as they come.e around the corner. But today that didn't happen. It fished realy hard with several anglers struggling to get more than a couple of fish. The water was gin clear and I never saw any life by the island all day. Not a single fish came around. All I could catch on was single dead red fished at the bottom of the far shelf. As I said it was gin clear and. Upping in casters I could see them fall through the water for about five seconds at 11 meters. So it was a day of winkling out small skimmers with two bonus fish. I'd hoped a carp or two might find the lose feed but never hooked one all day. At he end I'd caught what I thought was 7lb and I was close with 7-15 which was enough to take the silvers pool. The match was won by Nick Ducket with 72-4 from peg 23. He had a thick blanket of leaves and caught shallow dropping between them right across. I think the leaves gave some cover and helped them be more confident. Second was Russ Peck from peg 13 with a similar leaf cover. He managed just 27-10. Strangely, I enjoyed the struggle today. Working hard for bites that at times were along time between. Not set my stall out for silvers for ages. Maybe it's the new me.

1st, Nick Ducket 72-4. Peg 23
2nd. Russ Peck 27-10. Peg 13
3rd, Mike Ducket 26-2. Peg 1

Silvers
1st Stuart Barnett 7-15. Peg 19
2nd Beany 4-12. Peg 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment