Sunday 13 November 2016

Windmill sunday open 13/11/16

Another Sunday morning at my closest fishery. To lazy to drive to far twice a weekend. I think there was 12 today so even spread down both sides of the lake. I pulled out peg 8 which is at the near end of the second island on the far side. Haha that was a mouthful. Fished this peg once before and caught well in the shallow water against the island at about 30 meters. But with the water gin clear I  thought I'd chuck the bomb a bit short in a couple of feet of water. I set up three rigs. A .4 pencil to fish dead reds or caster over caster laced groundbait. A .5 slim to fish meat at 13 metres. And a .3 slim to fish meat down the shelf about 2+2 distance out 10 meters to my left. That rig was tried but had no bites so I'll forget that one. At the start I fed all lines then slung the bomb out to the island. After about two minutes I hooked a carp around 4lb. So I was off the mark. But after another 20 minutes and no more indications I came in on the short line. Wasn't long before a few small skimmers were coming in plus a decent one of 2lb +. Then the carp moved in. In the next 40 minutes I hooked 4 but only landed two. One was close to 10lb though. And on 4-6 elastic and .010 hook link I thought I did well. But that action soon stopped. And it was back to small skimmers. But they dried up too. So it was out on the meat line. But it was slow. I had two, but bites were a very long time coming. The second half of the match was a real struggle and with only one more small carp on the meat most of the time was spent winkling out small skimmers. A couple of the better stamp did come my way. But the carp certainly dried up. The island chuck was a waste of time as there were so many fecking ducks I couldn't feed. At one stage I had 16 of them diving down for anything I fired in. I think a shot gun is required to thin the numbers out. at the end I was guessing  on 24lb of carp and 6lb of silvers. I was spot on with the carp,  with 24-8, but was surprised my silvers went 9lb dead. That put me 4th on the day with top silvers. Winner was Mike Travel with 72lb of bomb and pellet caught carp off peg 2. He also took the golden peg. Second was Norm Ferris with 38-14. Double bubble for me today as I took the silvers and  the super pool as three above me never went in it. Happy days.

1st Mike Travel 72lb
2nd Norm Ferris 38-14
3rd Paul Has es 35-03
4th Stu Barnett 33-08

Silvers
1st Stu Barnett 9-00
2nd John Baker 6-00
3rd Geoff Francis 4-12

No comments:

Post a Comment