Thursday 8 December 2016

Windmill Bazeley open

I managed to take a day off work so headed off to Windmill for a match organised by Ray Bazeley. Left home with 30 minutes to make the 10 minute drive but the road were gridlocked. A quick message to Ray to say I'd be late and when I got there 45 minute's later I found myself on peg 24. At the start I was nowhere near ready and started about 15 minutes after everyone else. I started on the bomb to the island as I was still setting stuff up but after 20 and only one liner I came short, 2+1, and fished maggot over ground bait, Plenty of tiny roach were obliging but with 2 to the once it was hard work. I kept pinging a few pellets to the island on a 16 metre line for later. After about 90 minutes the roach disappeared, not for the first time, and after a few minutes a carp took my single dead red. That was a bonus because as far as I could tell that was the first carp on the lake. Unfortunately it was the only one on that line. I tried the margin with no luck, and then went across on 16 metres. It took a while but the carp moved in, and apart from a couple of tries on the other lines I stayed across for the last 2 1/2 hours putting another 14 carp in the net. I was guessing on 70lb at the end and when Terry weighed me in I was close with 72-4, which took top honer's today. Second was Paul Haines on peg 8 with 64-6 caught on various methods. An enjoyable day with the weather holding out. Back there again Sunday for another go.

1st Stu Barnett 72-4
2nd Paul Haines 64-6
3rd Ray Bazeley 23lb peg 10

Silvers winner J Fudge 11-10 peg 2

No comments:

Post a Comment