Saturday 24 December 2016

Windmill Open 25/12/16

Nothing else to do today and didn't fancy driving to somerset so went to Windmill for an open run by Dave Haines. Only 5 turned up so we all sat at the top end of the lake in the deeper pegs. To say it was hard is an understatement. Won't go into too much detail as we all struggled just to get bites. I had about 25 anchovies for 1-8 on my top kit in peg 1. Only place I had a bite. Jerry Welsh won it with 2 carp for 13lb odd from peg 26. Taking the £50 winner take all. Nice one!!. Dave Willmott got Second with one big perch and a few silvers for 5-13, I think, from peg 28. Dave Haines had a last gasp small carp and few silvers for 3-1 from peg 3. Paul Elmes did the sensible thing and went with 30 minutes to go. He struggled for a few bites but I recon he had done me. Well done those that bothered to turn up on a horribly windy day. It was Terry's last day as fishery manager. Good luck with whatever comes next Terry. Not sure what is happening now as there is no news on anybody to run the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment