Thursday 29 December 2016

Viaduct Thursday cost cutter

Not been here for a long time so after a chat with Mr Rixon last night I decided to give it a go. He said during the silvers match Wednesday, alot of anglers were pestered by carp. Well today was totally different. I drew peg 88. Apparently a decent silvers peg and good one for carp on wag or the bomb. Not today. In fact that end of the lake was devoid of any fish life. From 80 to 97 the top weight was around 3lb. I had About 10 roach and a tiny skimmer for less than a pound. The guy on 86 fished the wag all day for two skimmers and other anglers struggled for ounces. The fish seemed to be sholed up around 98 to 101 as they did catch a few. I didn't stay to the end as flogging  that dead horse got boring, so I dont know the results. But when I got to the car park I had walked past many anglers packing up early and there were already several empty parking spots. John Bradford said the angler on 130, don't know who, had 18 carp and the anglers either side of him had nothing. Just shows the sever frost had really sholed the fish up. Ah well there always next time. But with only three months of match angling left before I leave these shores I was hoping g to go out with a few bangs. Looks like a few whimpers more like lol

No comments:

Post a Comment