Wednesday 13 November 2019

Acorn cost cutter 12/11/19

As I worked all weekend again I got tuesday as a day off so I tootled off to Acorn fishery for the regular tuesday bash. The weather was looking nasty with strongwinds forcast and with the fishery prone to being a windy spot a good draw was vital, Had the ususal breakfast at the Bridge Inn before going to the fishery. A few floats were sold and then the draw was on.  Only 10 fishing today so plenty of room. With a North wind blowing a hooligan across the venue a draw with the wind at your back was prefered, but I pull out peg 21 which meant it was smack in the kisser all day. I got to the peg which is right next to one of the bridges and it was obvious fishing long was going to be a struggle. Even though the wind was blowing straight along the pole it was being slammed both ways and with the bridge so close I didnt try it for long as I was worried it would hit the bridge and do some damage. I did get one small carp at the bottom of the far shelf on soft pellet but I realy couldnt hold the pole still long enough to make it worh while. And fishing tight across was just about impossible. So the match was spent fishing 2+3 fairly close to the bridge where I could just about control it. It was two hours to my first fish and I was actually very close at that time to packing up as I couldnt feel my hands but I dug out my neoprene gloves and that made a difference, even though its not easy to fish wearing them. I ended up the day struggling to get bites but managed to get 15 puppy carp on soft and hard pellet over micros for a weight of 28-04 for nowhere on the day. The two anglers to my right finished up early and didnt weigh. The pegs on the end road bank were top as usual with Steve Collins coming out ontop with 65-07. Though it was at the expense of two broken pole sections because of the wind. Silvers was won by Callum Dicks from sheltered peg 31 with 21-09 in a total of 30-15. Got to admit I was very glad it was only a 5 hour match as I felt I had been in a proper scrap with the wind all day and was glad to hear the wistle at the end. Full results below

No comments:

Post a Comment