Saturday 30 November 2019

Landsend Saturdy open 30/11/2019

I tried in vain to get into a local match this week and just found out I missed the last of the silvers league at Mathern. Ooops. I even tried to get a fill in at Acorn but no spaces left. So I trundled off to landsend. And with the bridge closure and M49 closed it took me well over an hour to get there, not the usual 45 minutes, "Not happy Jan". Got to say one thing first. Im trying that new Nufish Zipp hybrid eleastic as its now winter and I still wanted the stretch of the hollow but none of the crap that goes with it in winter,  hanging out the pole like silly string. Well its brilliant stuff and would recoment it. I was late to the venue because of the road problems and that ended up with me starting 10 minutes after the other 5 that turned up on a nasty day. I had drawn peg 16 and thought I was a bit far from where he consistant pegs were at the other end. I was detetmined to go for silvers today so started with double dead red over groundbait down the middle. After 45 minutes id not had a bite, which was dissapointing as pegs 13 and 14 were like a trout farm with fish rolling everywhere. So went across when the wind finally stopped blowing a hooligan for a minute, but it was very hard to hold the pole with the wind blasting down the lake non stop. So it was back to the silvers line. After 90 minutes I finally got a bite and a blippy roach. It was a case of switching and swapping when the wind dropped for a minute, and when I could hold the float still I was getting indications. A 9lb carp was the first from the far side and on the new elestic, 8-10, it took a while to land but it did give me confidence on the lighter elestics I had decided to use. Nothing came from the edges that were now, with alot more water in the lake, was 2 1/2 foot deep. I took another across and two carp on my silvers rig down the middle, squeeky bum time on a 20 to .10 hook length. I did have a few skimmers as well on that line, and about 10 blippy roach on my topkit by my nets were I had drip fed a few maggots. At the end I was hoping for around 25lb and with Steve Seager telling everybody that Beanie was emptying peg 1 I didnt think I had a chance. Beanie, with 7 carp, weighed 23-04. Mike Duckett on 5 had 5 carp and a few bits for 27-12. Then it was me next, and my 4 carp went 24-8 and my silvers took it to 27-14, just pipping Mike for the win. Ray White did his usual thing and won the silvers with 4-04 from peg 21. Steve  Seager realy struggled on peg 24 and only had one bite all day. I fancied that peg today. So weights were very low with bites hard to find for everybody. A bit of luck with the draw today helped as the fish were deffinately my end of the lake. That elastic worked realy well. In fact I hooked one carp across, maybe not quite in the right end, and it took me into peg 13. I had 14 1/2 m of pole pointing along the bank and when I lifted it the elastic was past  the platform for peg 14. Stretchy old stuff that.  Full results below.

No comments:

Post a Comment