Tuesday 5 November 2019

Acorn tuesday Costcutter 5/11/19

As I worked the weekend I used my lieu day to go to Acorn for the Tuesday bash. Had a breakfast in the Bridge Inn first as usual that was ok. Only 11 fishing today so a bit low on numbers from the usual turn out. Into the drawbag and out pops peg 2 on the island. Got to the peg and found a stiff westerly wind blowing straight down the lake. It was going to make fishing across a bit difficult. Realy fancied a go at the silver today so I actualy bought some reds to go for it. But with some very good silvers anglers there I wasnt hoping for too much. Started the match on the 2+2 line with maggot over soaked micros but it was a bit slow. took a while to get the first bite that was a little Nemo. 10 minutes after that for the next bite and another small Nemo. Then it was dead. My old snooker playing buddy from many moons ago Bob Smith was to my left  on peg 4, and he was struggling. After 30 minutes he was fishless and Id only had the two. I`d set up a rig to fish at 11m at the bottom of the far shelf as tight across in the shallow water was just too hard to fish. I had a fish first drop in that was a small carp. But like the short line that was it for a while. Back short for a corasio and a couple of small roach. I was a bit slow today. After 2 hours I had 9lb on my clicker with a couple more small carp. Bob was catching a few silvers across on soft pellet. Mainly corasio and roach. The edges were void of life and stayed that way all day. Nor myself  or Bob had a touch down the edges. Half way through and it was a real struggle. One decent carp and some puppies had my clicker at 18lb and about 3lb of silvers. As I was miles behind with the silvers I ditched trying to catch them nd sterted feeding 6mm pellets on the 2+2 line. Switching around the lines trying to find fish, I was going nowhere fast. Then with 1hour 20 left I tried the 2+2 line again and the carp had turned up. I had 4 in as many drops then lost a couple. But I stayed on that line for the rest ofthe match and put some big fish in the net. At the end I though I had about 75lb with 50 plus pound coming in the last 80 minutes. Bob had a busy day and put a decent net of  silvers that he caught on soft pellet over micros across at the bottom of the far shelf. I was first to wiegh and I was happy to see the scale go round to a total of  81-11 which got me second place on the day. Bobs silvers went 26-06 for fist in the silvers. His total was 41- 10. Dave Wride was next to weigh and his total with a decent silvers net went 87-03 and top weight on the day. Third on the day on peg 7 was Eddie Wynne with 66-07. It was a tough day and scratching around was the way for most people with the fish not wanting to settle untill late. Back there again next tuesday as Ive got to work the weekend again so hopefully Ive learnt a bit. Like make up some soft pellet next time. full results below


No comments:

Post a Comment