Tuesday 10 December 2019

Acorn Tuesday costcutter

Well, we must have been mad to go out in that weather today. Only 6 turned up as the sensible  one had taken notice of the weather forecast and stayed home. As nobody wanted to pick the pegs and sit somebody in a peg that was being lashed by wind we decided to make it a roamer. I had a quick walk around and decided if I got the chance I'd pick 5 first or 12 if needed. Both pegs are around where most matches are won at the mo and both could be fished with your back to the wind by sitting  sideways on the platform. Dave Ryde took peg 5 so I plonked myself on 12. To say it was hard work was an understatement. We were battered from start to finish y wind and rain. I took 2 carp early on a pellet feeder chucked to the island. Then nothing for 90 minutes except a decent skimmer. Then two in two drops on 6mm banded pellet on my banker 2+ 2 line that was just about fishable. Couldnt possibly hold the pole any longer than that. Then it was another 2 hours before I got three more quick on the same line and 4 pastie sized carp down the edge at 9m directly downwind. I tried maggot for ages and didn't get a bite on it all day. Dave Ryde won the day catching consistently, silvers and a few carp, on his top kit with 57-14. I managed 54-12 for second, and Mike Chapman third with 13-01. Now it a case of drying my gear out
Weekend off this week as I've got to work, thanks to the Tesco rush of late Christmas shoppers. Hopefully back here next week, with better weather please.

No comments:

Post a Comment