Tuesday 31 December 2019

Acorn new years eve open.

It was off to Acorn for me today for the last match of the year. pulled up at the venue and found the carpark full so a good turn out. Then I was told I had to book in which i hadnt done. two weeks ago the tuesday match attracted 6 of us so I had no idea I had to book in. But Mike Chapman said we could fit a couple more pegs in as I wasnt the only one. Anywhere along the House bank would do me today as its where the fish live at the mo and i havent drawn down there for ages. But no Peg 24 for me. Not impressed. This wont be a long blog. I started on 2+2 and maggot over micros to see what was about. 15 minutes in and no bites. so it was across to the island where Id been pinging 4mm pellets. I had a carp pretty quick and it was followed quickly by 2 more and one lost. $0 minutes in and I had 13lb in the netb and was probably infront at that time. Well the next 4 1/2 hours produced another 3lb of silvers and one was a big skimmer over 2lb. Talk about going tits up. Hardly any bites anywhere. I ended up with a total of 16-04. Steve Howell to my right caught a few under the bridge after a decent start catching across and put 26-10. and Mark Bartlett went for silvers all day and had 5-10 to my right on 26. the match was won by Bob Smith on peg 5 with 63-4 catching across to the island and down the edge late. second was W Mitchell on 6 with 51-08 so all the weights were in the same area again leaving us at the top end struggling. About time those fish learned they can swim and move araound the lake. Happy new year to all and see you on the bank in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment