Saturday 1 October 2016

Acorn open

Hadn't planned to go this weekend but a planned trip away was cancelled. So it was off to Cleavedon with the weather forecast looking pretty iffy. Only 6 turned up and with a club match booked on paddock lake we were put on pegs 22-40. I fancied 36 as it's sheltered from the usual wind but that went to Sean Wilson today. I was left with the last peg in the bag and that was 34. Everybody says it's a flyer but I realy don't like it. If the edge fish don't turn up then it's hard work to make any impression as the fish here tend to be small. And that's how it turned out. No fish at all in the margins and most of the day was spent trying to catch across to the island, but even though there were plenty there liners and foulers were a nightmare. Plus they were spooked very easily. Just missing a bite and I had to wait 10 minutes for the bolting fish to return. A. The last 45 minutes I caught a few on the 2+1 line on paste, or I should say I fouled alot using paste. Had 8 there but 6 were foul hooked in various parts of the body. At the end I managed to put 91lb on the scales. Sean weighed 150-08 of mainly shallow island caught carp with a few down the edge. Third was Mark Walsh who had 130-07, all taken on his usual paste down the edges. Third was Sean's traveling partner Martin Thomas with 95-07 from peg 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment