Sunday 23 October 2016

Landsend open

Off to Landsend today for one of Mr Rixon's opens. I was late leaving then getting stuck behind slow traffic around the never ending diversion made me get to the venue as the draw was about to take place, so no time for a breakfast. I was still putting my gear on my trolley at the end of the draw so had last ticket. At least there was little chance of getting crap hole number 24 with the last ticket. The only peg I wouldn't want to draw....WRONG!!!!!!!. Open it up and 24 was staring at me. Was realy tempted to get back in the car and go home. It's been consistently in the bottom weights of matches all year. Ah well may as well give it a go. Got to the peg and that's when I realised it was gonna be harder than usual. A blanket of leaves everywhere in the peg. Oh joy!!!. I set up 4 rigs. A .4 slim to fish 2+2 with 6mm meat, and 2+3 to fish expanders over micros incase I had to chase silvers. Another .4 slim to fish pellet at 16m and the bottom of the end bank shelf. A .1 shalla slim to fish pellet along the end bank. And a .2  margin mugger to fish meat or pellet by the next platform. But although I tried 4 times there, I never had a touch. Started off on the meat line but after 15 minutes and no bites I saw a fish move along the end bank so I shipped out to 13m and had a fish on first drop that came off after a couple of seconds. Five minutes later I had another that went in the net. Then one took me under the tree stump and broke me off. Then nothing, so it was back on the meat line. After a couple of minutes I foul hooked a good fish that tore off towards Joe McMahon on peg 1 before it came of. Then not long after another fish was netted. Then a good fish of around 12lb was netted. So after an hour I had 20lb on my clicker. Not a bad start. But then normal service resumed for that peg and the next fish was landed four and a half hours later with only one missed bite in between. All lines were dead. And with the leaf problem getting worse it made for a miserable day. At the end my 4 carp went 23-15. I did have a little smile as I managed to beat Joe who also had 4 for 23-13. The match was won by Craig Edmonds on peg 11, which seams to be the peg to draw lately with 4 of the last 5 matches being won there. He had a good day catching all over his peg for 188-11. He's on a hot run at the mo. Next week has got to get better. It can't be worse than I've been doing lately.

1st Trig, peg 11, 188-11
2nd Matt Toms, peg 42, 94lb.
3rd Yom Magnal 88-9.

1st in silvers, Matt Toms, 10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment