Monday 10 October 2016

Windmill sunday open

Back at Windmill today. Still can't say it's a venue I enjoy that much but I couldn't be arsed to look around for another match. The draw was it's usual fascicle standard. Every body paid and names taken for the 9 oclock draw yet at 10 past Terry was still farting around messing with his dog looking for a rat under the porta cabin, while we were all stood around like spare ones at a wedding. By the time he got his act together and called the school register it was 20 past before the draw got underway. It realy does get tedious when it's late every time. I pulled out number 17. Well!!! As the Pegging was organised by  Dave Haines, somebody that fished the place every week, and knows every peg, why was a peg that was completely overgrown, unfishable without an hour of clearing, and not fished for god knows how long, put in the draw. Especially when pegs that framed last week at the other end of the lake had been left out. So I was told to fish 16. As I'm not too familiar with the place I just headed off. When I got to my peg I was basically told. It shouldn't be in and I'd be very lucky to catch at all. Well that's how it turned out. After 5 bite less hours and trying various lines and every bait I had I gave up and headed home. Total waste of a day. Thanks Windmill fishery. Another day of nothing. At least I got to wet a line, unlike two previous times when the matches advertised on the website were cancelled days before and not advertised as so. This place needs running properly as it is a joke sometimes. No idea of results to put up. Though the highlight of the day was 2 pensioners squaring up for a fight. it was like hand bags at bi-focal length lol

No comments:

Post a Comment