Sunday 30 October 2016

Windmill sunday open

After yesterday at Mather, that was very poor, I was realy hoping I might actually get a decent draw. Not something I've done for a while. Now the weather has cooled down alot deeper water is always favoured. Yesterday I was as far from that as I could have got. 17 fishing  today I think it was. Into the draw box and 28 sticks to my fingers. Finally a peg I could compete from. A good looking margin both sides, although the right side was 4 feet deep. So two separate rigs for that. Maggot to the right and meat to the left. A .75 slim to fish caster for silvers at 2+2 slightly up the shelf and another .75 slim to fish 13 meters in front on meat, and at an angle to my left on pellet. Also a bomb rod to fish to the island. I had John Clarke to my right, a venue regular
And everybody else I could see I didn't realy know. Fed all lines at the start and chucked the bomb to the island pinging out some 8s. Nothing showing  but after 20 minutes the tip went round and a 6 pounder found itself in my net. That was it for a while so out on the long pellet line. Had one fairly quick, but not very big. At that time no other carp had been caught, although John was doing g his best to hook every fish in the lake and loose it. He lost his first 3 before finally netting one. Chris ? On 32 then started catching in his margin. I tried the short and margin lines, but although John was hooking and releasing plenty I only had one bite all day that was a near 2lb skimmer. Later the bomb line woke up and I took about ten fish there and one more on the long meat line. Strange why the short lines were dead. At the end I was guessing at around 46lb. I was close with 44-3. I never had my phone so no photo of the weight sheet. Chris on 32 won it with some big carp for 72lb. I was second with 44-3 and John got third with 36lb. He also had top silvers with 6-13 I think. It didn't fish well at the other end so the deeper water was the edge I needed

No comments:

Post a Comment