Sunday 9 April 2017

Landsend open 9/4/17

A good turnout today, 27, so we were on match and 3. A lush breakfast as always followed by me pulling out peg 65 on lake three. A nice peg with a reed bed to the right which i don't mind fishing amongst. At the start I tried the slapper but was frustrated by a few cruisers just turning away. After 20 minutes it was over on the shallow island rig but it wasn't happening. An F1 and a roach was all i got so it was another try on the slapper. Waste of time. The 2+2 line didn't give me anything. One small carp on the island rig was all i had out there so it was a try by the reed bed. Lots of movement in the reeds but it was slow. Think it was the lake nursery with a couple of puppies. Then i mugged a decent fish on meat in the reeds to get me going. I then fed a line smack in the middle of them and fished 8mm meat.
Had a run of good carp, landing 9. Had a few go deeper into the reeds but by keeping my margin pole high over them and putting alot of pressure on the rig can be dragged out without snagging up too much. Then they started bolting deep into the reeds and i lost 4 in a row. That stuffed things up. It went quite for ages. I had one from the left side against some reeds before a few more small samples just before the end to the right. I managed 77-5 which got me default section money. Happy days. And the first bit of sunburn for the year today.Tony Rixon won today with 185lb ish from peg 6 on Match. Think he should donate a quid to me for drawing it for him. Full results on his blog for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment