Sunday 2 April 2017

Viaduct Sunday open 2/4/17

Back to viaduct today to try my luck again. Had a bad start as my Ray-Ban sunglasses disintegrated when I shut the glove box a bit hard. So a new pair of PI sunnies were purchased as my eyes are still not right yet and dry eyes from the wind is very uncomfortable. Into the draw bucket and 59 on Lodge was my home for the day. I wont go into too much detail but as of late, I realy struggled for the first 5 hours. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but i just cant get a good start or catch throughout a comp. But I wasn't the only one. Three of us in a row struggled for anything. Even the silver were conspicuous by thier absence. Out of the three of us I was doing best with 2 shallow waggler caught carp and 3 skimmers after the five hours. And only  two other missed bites even though i continuously switched lines looking for for anything. With an hour to go i saw a couple of carp moving out by the airiator and got two more on the wag. Then with 30 mi Ute's left i dropped in on the margin line again under the tree and got 3 more and lost 2. At the end i was more than a little surprised to find out my 61-8 total was enough to get me the section win. Shows how poor it fished in places. Winner today was Gary O'Shea  224-03 on peg 64 catching shallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment