Sunday 9 April 2017

Viaduct costcutter 6/4/17

Still not had alot of experience here but i did know that my draw, peg 129, was a decent draw. Started on the bomb with 8mm pellet out by the airiator and had 6 in the first 45 minutes. But it slowed a bit after that and the next 45 only produced a couple more. Steve Shaw opposite​ was catching well on the wag shallow so I chucked mine out but struggled for quite a while. But i got it sussed. I had to feed cast right on top and hope one grabbed it on the drop. One it had gone to my set depth i got nothing. Steve was catching casting out and letting it sit there feeding over the top. But i couldn't get that to work. But i did have a very nice day catching some decent fish. Got broke off a couple of times but some hefty lumps. The last hour i came in on the 2+2 meat line. I had tried it easier and had a few tench. But now the carp had moved in and i put about 80lb in the net in that last hour. Would have been more but i spooked them for 15 minutes when i put a other net in. At the end i was guessing on just over 200lb. Very good guess as I had 199-05. That got me 4th on the day. Steve won it easily with 300-12. Paul Greenwood next to me on 131 had a storming finish putting  around 120lb in the net in the last hour, beating me by 2lb. Overall it fished it's nuts off. A nice day for nearly everybody today with 18 ton+ weights from 35 anglers.

1st Steve" bomber" Shaw, 300-12, peg 114.
2nd Ziggy, 249-10, peg 119.
3rd Paul Greenwood, 201-6, peg 131
4th Stu Barnett 199-5, peg 129

No comments:

Post a Comment