Thursday 17 May 2018

Acorn Tuesday cost cutter

A bit late doing this one as I plain forgot to do it. Down to Clevedon Tuesday to join the usual array of codgers and reprobates for the regular open. Had a breakfast in the Bridge in, joined by Craig Challingsworth from over the bridge. It was ok, but for just over £4 ya cant expect a banquet. 15 fishing today, no pegs in at the top end as there had been a horse death at the fishery overnight and they were burying it on some ground behind peg 27 somewhere. into the draw bucket and our comes peg 3. Same peg I had 2 weeks ago.
I had Callum Dicks behind me, on 38, so if I had eyes in the back of my head I might learn something. Several rigs were set up. a .15 Shalla Slim for across to the island on 6 or 8mm pellet. A slapping rigs for mugging the odd cruiser. a .4 Slim for a pellet rig down the track.  a .3 Slim for silvers at 2+1 line and a SS Margin to fish the pallet to my left. At the start I went across as I normally do with no feed just to see what was around. But 10 minutes in there were no signs  so i put a toss pot on. I didn`t use the catapult as there was a few ducks around and they can be a pain in the butt. As soon as i dropped the pellets in there were fish charging through and it wasnt long before I was foiul hooking everything that went past. In the next half hour id hooked 6 and landed two, both foul hooked. and that was the story for the next 90 minutes. hooking and loosing fish. Tourettes was high today. It went a bit quiet for a bit so I tried the pellet line down the middle but never had a touch. the silver line didnt produce either which was a bit strange. A look down by the pallet produced a 6 pounder first drop in but that was it. after that I couldn`t get the float to settle there with the white bait in abundance. so it was back across with the same result with me dropping pellets in and fish turning up instantly and foul hooking them. Not sure were they were backing off to as I tried along the stick ups but couldn`t find them. At one stage I was about to spit the dummy as I lost 12 in a row.  So I tried the slapping rig and managed to get four out in a row but It was a bit low as I wasnt seeing fish. Just move around the peg dropping it in hopping I`d stuck on a nose or two. 90 minutes from the endf I tied the edge. I did get three out fairly quick but it was then the same story as earlier with the float just dancing around not settling. it must have been thick down there with whitebait as this happened non stop on any bait and I never hooked one of them. Pellet, corn and maggot produced the same frustrating thing. So I went back across for the last fifteen minutes and Landed 6 carp. The problem was the first 5 of them went 2lb, with one decent one on the whistle. t the end I was hoping on 80lb, and as I was weighing again I was first to put my fish in the net. Craig came around and helped which I was thankful for.  I was very close with my guess with my all carp net going 79-10 Dave Wride on 17 put 50-12 on the scales, of which 28-10 was silvers which got him the silvers pool for the day. Craig edged me out with 80-15 from peg 22. Match winner as expected was Callum who caught steady throughout the day with a combined catch of 131-03. it was a nice day with the sun out for a change. lets hope this last a bit longer than the two day heatwave from a fortnight ago lol. Full weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment