Sunday 19 January 2020

Landsend saturday open 18/1/2020

First frost for ages today and the night temp was zero compared to the 8`s and 9`s of the last couple of weeks. I thought 12 fished but the weigh sheet only shows 10. Lake three today which is ok as the winner can come from anywhere. Into the draw bucket and 55 sticks. corner peg top end of the lake. happy enough with that. Opposite I had the resident Silverback in the shape of Rod Wootton for company on peg 58.
And with Steve Seager at the other end it was gonna be  some load piss taking today. I wasnt setup in time so I chucked the bomb out, with a popped up wafter, to the end of the island, and before I could do anything the rod was almost dragged in. Landed it and chucked it again. Got my bait out and off it went again. Nice start, 17lb in 10 minutes. Got sorted and the tip never moved agian. Started on the  pole at the spit but only got one perch. A good one of 1-05.
Fished a silvers line on maggot at 10 meters but never had a bite on that line. so after an hour came into my short meat line at 7 meters slightly to the right. Sat on it for ten minutes fe ore the float went. A big boy around 12lb in the net. Next drop in the same. long wait then a decent carp. It went quiet so switched to the right margin wher Id fed meat and 6mm`s. Same again long wait then a carp netted. Rod had a very slow start but had started to get the odd fish. Bites were far and few between but by switchuing around my meat lines I didnt miss many and landed everything I hooked. At the end I had 12 good carp and the one perch, and it was hady getting a 6 pounder on the whistle as Rod had a strong last 2 hours and it was close. Too close. He has 71-08 and I just pipped him for the win with 73-14. Third was Dan ? on 61 with 47lb. Two weeks in a row ive not lost a single fish. Must be getting better at this game. High light of the day is always taking a quid off of Russ Peck. Cheers mate.
Still foggy when we left so couldnt resist the piccie.
Full results below

No comments:

Post a Comment