Sunday 12 January 2020

Landsend winter league round 3.

Round three and we were back on match lake today. I was lying second after the first two rounds so a good draw was paramount today. Into the draw bucket early while all the good stuff was left and out pops peg 15. Very happy with that. Its a nice consistant peg that usually feature in the results.The water was very clear today so I didnt think it would fish too good on the top shelf but I still set up a rig to fish against the island. ya just got to try it. A rig for down both edges though I did fish bottom of the first shelf in about 3 foot. And two rigs for doen the track. One for silvers and one or carp over the same line. I also set up a bomb rod to chuck out when it was coffee time. Or when I get in my usual tangles. Started in the soft pellet over micros to see what was about but 20 minute and one tiny roach ws enough of that. Over to the island แบith 6mm banded as id been pinging 4`s. Didnt take long and I hit my first carp. Not big but I was off the mark. Nick Duckett to my right had two in the net by then. Rod "Silver back" Wootton was struggling and not getting any bites. After an hour Id had three small carp for about 10lb but was well behind John Hawkins who was off to a flyer in peg 11. It went quiet across. Infact I never has another bite across all day. So I switched around from the edge to the track but only another roach in the next hour. Then I got my first fish down the left edge for about 7lb. Simon Hawkins in 13 started to get a few down the end bank and John was still catching regular. Down to my right was very quiet. I fancied a coffee so I chucked the bomb into the deep hole 14 meters to my left that Id been feeding. I fished it with a wafter popped up about an inch off the bottom. I was on my second biscuit when the tip ripped round and carp 4 was landed. But no more action after that so back to swapping lines. Half hour later and tangle number one so chucked the bomb again while I rigged up. Tip flew round again and abother in the net. Then I had three down my edge on corn before it went quiet there. no bites anywhere for a bit so the trusty bomb went out. Two fish in ten minutes and a missed bite and I though it was worth dropping a rig over it with corn on. I started to get a few but it was hard work dragging them round from 14 meters to my left. Nick And Rod were catching well now and both were catching me up. Nick was getting a fish most drop in`s on meat short. John opposite had a bad last two hours so it was going to be close. It did help when I had a 12 pounder at the end. When the scales got to our side of the lake I was surprised to see John had 86lb. Id though he had well over a ton but he did have the end bank fish that can be a bit small. Simon, who was fishing his first ever match had 43-01 in peg 13, so well done to him. I was guessing on 75lb and was very close with 77-10 for second on the day. Nick had a flying finish and was very close to catching me with 69-05 for third. And Rod sneaked a few more than I though for 64-01. The second place puts me top now with my dropper still to go, so all`s good so far. Three weeks to the next one so a couple of practices are in order. Full results below.

No comments:

Post a Comment