Saturday 25 January 2020

Mathern Mill saturday open 25/01/2020

Off to mathern today for one of Norm Sterrys knock ups. had last peg in the bag and I was on 22. Pretty happy with that. Was hoping to catch on wag with bread or bomb and pellet to the island today as this works well in this peg. 40 minutes swapping between the two and never ha a bite. id been feeding maggot to the airator at 14 1/2 meters and dropped in on that line. thie float settled and kept going. but after a minute in just pulled out. Came back with a scale on the hook. Over the next two hours I lost 5 and landed 1 on this line, mainly foul hookers, but nobody was catching much so I stayed on it as there were obviously fish there. I did chuck a bomb on the same line to try and stop the foulers but had just one skimmer on that. So 3 hours and one carp and one skimmer. Not going well. The fact I was struggling to see my float at times through the mist didnt help. Then I started to land a few and they just got bigger, with the first 4 going around 50lb, with the biggest weighed at the end at dead on 20lb. By the end I landed 10, all on double maggot, for 100-6 including the skimmer. Some big boys in that place. That got me first place on the day and the first time I had picked up any coin here for 18 months I recon. Not been doing any good for ages at Mathern Second was fishery regular Rich Heatley with 58-4 from peg 7 on pole and maggot. Third was  Andy Gard from peg 10 with 46-12.  Full results below.Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, outdoor, nature and water

1 comment: