Sunday 24 January 2016

Mathern Mill winter league.

Only a short post today as there's not much to say about this match. I drew peg 15, which use to be a flyer but now if you draw it your just fishing  to be out of the bottom one on the lake. Yes its that bad. To my left I had Alan Davis on the last peg at the end of the island then Steve ' The Bomb Master' Shaw. My peg was in the deep bowl around the corner from the island. It may as well be the washing up bowl in my sink for the amount of fish in it now. Anyway. I tried all sorts of lines and baits for just 3 carp and a few skimmers for 26lb 5oz. I did beat two anglers so that was OK. The bad part of the day was watching Alan next to me bag up all day fishing the same way as my and win the match with 148lb 15ozs. Ah we that's angling for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment