Saturday 13 February 2016

Landsend fishery Saturday open

Another day on this very good venue for me today. Had a couple of the Welshie guys, Craig Challingsworth and Sean Wilson,  come down today for a first visit here. Got there early for a breakfast then into the draw and out comes 24. A corner peg that would shelter me a bit if the wind got up. Three rigs today. A  .5 slim to fish pellet at 14 metres toward the island and the bottom of the end bank shelf. A  .4 slim for meat  at a 10 o'clock angle to my left at 2+3 length, and caster at 2+2 straight in front. It would also do to fish in front the next platform on a variety of bait's. And a .2 mugger to fish the margin to my left and at 14 metres along the end bank. At the start I cupped in small amounts on all lines and started on single caster. Hoping to get perch roach or skimmers I was disappointed when i had nothing. A switch to the meat line brought nothing either. In fact I never had a bite on anything for two hours even though I was switching different rigs regularly trying to find the fish. But looking around the lake it was obvious it was hard as hardly anything had been caught. The first bite I had was at 12-30 on the end bank margin line but I missed it. That was the only bite I had there.  Then at around 1 o'clock I had my first carp on the 14 metre line towards the island. That was followed by another carp next drop in then nothing for a while. I continued switching lines but the only place I could get a bite was towards the island. I never had a single bite on meat or caster all day. At the end I had 7 carp, an F1 and a skimmer all at 14 metres. I was last to wiegh today and managed to put 30lb 3oz on the scales for 5th on the day. After the very bad start I thought I did OK in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment