Sunday 21 February 2016

Mather Mill winter league round 4

A short 5 minute drive to Mathern today for another bash at the winter league. Into the Drawbag and out comes peg 17, one before the end of the island on the right hand side. As usual of late it was blowing a hooli but luckily when o got to my peg it was off my back. Tidy!!. For company I had Lee "Peanut" Pesticcio on 19 to my left and Ron Gibbs, Giles Cochrane  and Steve Shaw to my right. Giles and Steve only set up a bomb Rod each so it was obvious they were going for a pellet attack.  Two rigs today. Both .5 slims to fish 12 meters on pellet and 2+2 to fish maggot or caster. At the start the wind changed and was blowing a bastard from left to right so it was out on the bomb. Giles had a carp first chuck as did Gaffyn Jones two pegs to my left. Steve wasn't far behind them and after 30 minutes it looked like everybody except Ron, Lee and myself were catching
To keep it short the ole was just too hard today and all I got was one carp and about 20 skimmers on pellet. Most of the day was spent on the bomb using 8mm pellet taking 8 more carp including a couple of beasts. It was close between me and Ron and I was guessing at 75lb. Steve, Giles, Alan Davis on 11 and John Calli had all caught well. But Ron said Craig had a net full on 7, and that turned out right as he put 164lb 14oz on the scales for the win with his second net of 9 carp going 92lb. Three more ton plus weights came out before they got to me and Ron. Ron put 9 carp plus a few silvers on the scales for74lb 2oz. My silvers went 6lb odd, and my 9 carp went just over 80lb for an 87lb 6oz total. Not bad for a slow day. All in all it fished it's nuts off with 5 ton weights and over a 1000lb taken in total. Pretty good for winter fishing.

Results

1st Craig 164-14
2nd John Calli 139-14
3rd Giles Cochrane 127-9
4th Alan Davis 107-10
5th Steve Shaw 105-12

No comments:

Post a Comment