Sunday 29 January 2017

landsend saturday open 28/1/17

As i hadn`t had a two match weekend I thought id kick this weekend off with a trip to Landsend. after a delicious breakfast cooked by the fry up Queen di, it was into the draw bag. 14 fishing and ten were on match, and four on Speci. I drew 32 on Speci and was pretty pleased. Joe Mcmahon had fish it last week and was top weight on the lake with 52lb. it was milder today and quite sunny but after dipping my hand in the water it was clear the water temp was freezing. Not a good sign.three rigs today. one to fish 16m tight to the end bank in 3 feet of water on maggot. it would also do for fishing infront of empty pallet 31. a .4 slim to fish meat at 16m in open water. and a silvers rig to fish maggot over micros for anything silver if it was hard. opposite on 33 was Ken Raynor and matty Baber on 34. I was the only angler on my side of the lake. started against the end bank, but after 15 minutes and no signs I switched to the short silvers line. nothing there either so it was back to the end bank. after a short while I had a little perch followed by a decent carp. then nothing for ages. in fact nobody was getting any bites. and it stayed that way for a long time.ken got his first bite and fish after three hours. Matty was biteless. 4 hours in and I got my second car, after switching to pellet. Ken had  big perch of 2lb +. but that was all he had apart from a losy fouler. I did manage one more 15 minutes before the end but that was my first bite in two hours. Matty remained biteles untill the end.top honours on the day went to Allan oram, on peg 19 with a nice net of silvers that went 12-12 and three carp for a total of 29-12. my net went 19-15 for nowhere today. Gotta admit I `d like to say it was realy hard today but it wasn't that good lol

!st. Allan Oram, 29-12, peg 19
2nd Eric Foreacre, 25-00, peg 21
3rd Rich Lovery, 21-04, peg 40


No comments:

Post a Comment