Sunday 22 January 2017

Landsend winter league round 2

Off to Landsend for round 2, hoping to make amends for the first round disaster. During a lush cooked breakfast, as it was too hot, I managed to draw out peg 41 on lake 3 today. It was fished yesterday so the ice had been broken and not re-frozen over night. Very low weight off of it yesterday but I wasn't too worried as I was hoping  everybody else breaking there Ice would spook a few my way..
For company I had Steve Seager (above) opposite on 68, doing his best to be the worlds worst angler with an ice breaker, so there was no peace and quiet for us today. Rob Watts on fancied peg 70, and Rich to my left on 42. Adrian Jeffery was in ear shot so Steve could be in for some abuse again today. 3 rigs today. A .1 Shalla slim to fish maggot across to the spit (below)
in 2 1/2 feet of water. A .2 diamond to fish maggot or caster down both margins. And a .4 slim to fish maggot at 11 meters, in open water, as far as the ice was broken, on maggot. At the start I cupped in maggot and caster down the margins. Maggots and soaked micros to the spit. And just 4 maggots and. Pinch of micros at 11 metres. After 16 minutes, and two F1's down to Rich, I had my first bite at 11 metres and hooked a decent skimmer, but the elastic went around a hidden piece of ice and the hook pulled out. Next drop in a good carp on but it bottomed out my  number 5 elastic as it headed for the island and snapped my .010 hook link. Next drop in a roach dropped off. Aaargghhh. Not good. Then no bites, so it was a small refeed and a switch to the spit. But nothing happened there. So it was back to the 11 metre line were I took a few skimmers and managed to hook and loose some carp. As the day went on it was a case of feed at 11 meters, get a fish refeed then change lines. The spit line produced a right lump half way through at about 12lb. But it was the same there. Feed, get a fish then move. If I didn't feed I got no bites. 5 carp found thier way to my net during the match , which was looking for pretty good on the day. But I lost 5 carp in total thanks to snags and fish just snapping my silvers rig. The margins s produced nothing apart for two tiny fish. Rich on my left struggled after a good first hour, and Steve had a good finish with two carp in the last 20 minute's so it was going to be close. At the end I was guessing at 20lb of carp, and 3 1/2 lb of silvers. I was first to wiegh on the lake and my carp wiegh was spot on but my silvers went  5-9, for 25-7 total that got me top spot on the lake. Rich had a total of 16-14. Steve managed 23-8. Mike Ducket had second wiegh with 24-4. So I redeemed myself today. Needed that Bradley as I can't drop any more points. The match was won by Craig Edmonds, doubt g what he does best and emptied it on peg 13 on Match lake for 151lb. Well done Trigger. Your a star. Too many wieghts to show so check the photos for full results.




No comments:

Post a Comment