Thursday 30 March 2017

Viaduct costcutter

Not done a blog for a couple of weeks due to the fact ive been on a proper bad run and it seams everywhere I go I'm struggling to even get a few bites. Who wants to read about sitting there doing nothing lol. So today I thought I'd give Viaduct a go. Hardly fished this place and know very little about it. After a chat with Mr Rixon I thought I'd risk another embarrassing day and have a go here. Had a very nice brekkie at the Albion on the way and got there with plenty of time. Into the draw bucket and out pops 126. Not a clue lol. Got to the peg to find a stuff breeze blowing right to left. Three rigs today. A . 4 pencil to fish a silvers line at 13m with 6s over 4s. A meat rig to fish 2+2 for the resident lumps. And a margin rig to fish meat but didn't really think this would get a run out. Plus a bomb rod. At the start I chuck the bomb out with an 8 mm pellet and pinged a few out. Half an hour later i gave up on this line. Craig Knight on 127 was already catching doing the same but i couldn't even get a liner. I was surprised he could get anything with the day he was having. His nets got trashed by a mouse. Said mouse also got into his bag and ate his catapult elastics. So I lent him one. Then he broke off both his keeping brackets and watched his borrowed nets sink. Then he snapped off his landing net head. So I lent him one. Then he dropped three sections of his pole in and just managed to get them back before they sunk. Think he should have stayed in bed. Anyway, back to my day. A try on the meat line and that produced no bites, so back on the bomb. Still nothing. It was looking like my bad run would continue. After two hours Adrian Jeffrey called out and asked how I was doing . With my reply of I'm still blanking the float burried. Off it tore and all I got back was a scale. Moaned that one on lol. The silvers line then produced my first fish. A skimmer of two pound. Then another smaller one. But the wind was making presentation near impossible. Two and a half hours in i got my first carp on the meat line quickly followed by another one.but it was another half hour to the next fish which was a good tench. A run of 4 tench followed quickly but then a fishless hour followed. Tried all lines. Craig had about 9 carp by now and was giving me a right spanking. So with 90 minutes left I had around 23lb in the net.  I dropped back in on the meat line and from then on it was pretty hectic. The carp had finally found my feed and i put 10 in the net in that time. At the end i was surprised when my silvers went 16-6 and my carp went 87-15 for a total of 114-5 only being beaten by 4lb by Craig. Nearly pegged him back. So the last hour was very good. Just wish i could catch in the first half of matches. It fished pretty good today with alot of ton weights, the best being 228lb from peg 13. Results below tell the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment