Saturday 22 May 2021

Landsend Fishery Saturday Open

 Down to Landsend today for the ususal Saturday knock up. Only 10 brave souls today decided to battle the winds. I helped with the draw today and pulled out peg 22 for myself. Not a bad area, even though Russ Peck says there are no fish that end of the lake when he draws it. He said the same today when he drew the other end lol. A quid bet was agreed with Russ but I didnt think I had a chance as he drew peg 15. But saying that I think he stuffed up that peg last week  hahaha.  For company I had Dave Ings without an "E" on 24 and Alan Oram opposite on peg 1. I decided on a meat line at 2+2, Both margins and tight to the island for the carp lines. And a 9m line for the silvers. I started on the silvers line, on hard 4`s over micros, but had nothing on that for 15 minutes so went across to the island as Id seen a few move early on the pellets. But the wind was very gusty and presentation was difficult. So I came in on the meat line. Again nothing resulted. Back to the silvers and started to get small crusians to about 6 ounces. But that dried up. Dave and Alan were doing pretty good catching regular silvers. So I went back across. But by now the wind had picked up a lot. I pushed my luck for about 15 minutes but after the fourth rip round of the pole I wasnt prepared to risk smashing a section again in the wind and ditched that line for the day. And it was a good choice as the wind just kept getting worse. It got to a point where it was realy difficult to hold a top four without dragging the float around. The silvers line was also ditched as that was too hard. So I ended up swapping the meat line for pellets and just sat it out in hope that the carp would eventually feed. After 3 hours I got three carp in a short burst. One down the right margin and two on the 2+2 pellet line. Dave and Alan were tearing into the silvers. Alan catching more but Dave had some quality skimmers so it was close. Gary Flinder to my left on 19 was getting a few carp and was running away with it. The last two hours bites were a bit scarce but I did start to catch the odd carp and a couple of silvers on 6mm pellet. Hooked a few down the edges too but managed to release most of them. A burst in the last 15 minutes saw my carp count go to 11 before the all out. I was guesing on the high 40`s for a total weight. Alan put an impresive 26-15 of silvers on the scales and totaled 31-1. Gary Flinders won easily as expected with 93-6. My silver went 4-15 and the carp took the total to 54-2 which got me second on the day. Dave did an even 18lb  -  18lb split for 36-5. Russ got third with 42-8 so the quid was greatfully received. Cheers Russ, that`s the first Ive had from you for way too long.  It will be nice to have a day out without getting the flesh ripped from my face as the wind is being an absolute pain lately. Just never seams to stop. Ya never know, summer might actually start soon. Full results below.



No comments:

Post a Comment