Monday 17 May 2021

Sedges over 50`s Monday silvers Open

 Off to The Sedges today for aa silvers match. Felt like Billy no mates today as I didnt know anybody there. Peg 11 ping pong ball come out the bucket for me, and I know its a decent area so I was happy with that.


Three rigs today. two to fish at 9m and 13m , one to fish on the drop and one for straight down. And another for top kit plus one on a flat spot down the shelf to my right. Also set up a small feeder as it was pretty windy. I started of feeding all my pole lines with groundbait laced with caster, dead reds and micros. Same on all lines. if they didnt like it tuff, thats all they were getting.Went out on the feeder to strt with and had a skimmer about a pound first chuck. then minutes later got smashed up by a carp. Not what I wanted. The trouble I had was the fluffy crap blowing off the trees. It was like it was snowing all day and I spent ages cleaning my rod eyes and pole lines. It was even sticking to my eyeballs where there was so much, and with slimmy wet hands I couldnt do much about it. I ended up with sore eyes with the fluff and the constant wind in my face. That skimmer  was the only fish I had on the feeder. I tried the pole line out long but it wasnt great presentation and only had a few small skimmers and a few carp out there. Most of the day was spent on the 2+1 line where I started to get a few small skimmers in the first half of the match. Second half of the match things slowed up and bites were a premium. I had to wait quite a while for a bite but they were bigger fish. Bream to 3lb and a couple of bonus tench over 3lb. The carp were a constant problem and  think thats why my fish were few and far between. I must have hooked 15 of the lumpy buggers. At the end I thought I had around 25lb and was very close as my ney went 25-10, and that got me second place today. So not too bad as its only the second time Ive fished this lake. Happy to take a bit of coin home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment