Saturday 29 May 2021

Landsend saturday open 29/5/21

 The usual drive down to Somerset today to fish the saturday knock up. I think it was 11 fishing today and we were on lake three. Peg 46 come out for me. OK for a bit of everything. For company I had Russ "Compo" Peck to my right, so the regulation quid side bet was on, And Dave Ings in the corner on 41. Banter was on the cards. Rigs today were a meat rig for 2+1, silvers rig for down the track. A pellet rig for against the island. A slapper and an edge rig for both sides. Started over to the island were in the first 20 minutes I had two F1`s, a skimmer and a crucian. That went quiet so I came in on the silvers line and started to get regular crucians and the odd skimmer on soft pellet, but they were small. that lasted about an hours before it went quiet. So it was a case of swapping around all day. The slapping rig was a waste of time as it wasnt food they were cruising for today. The meat rig produced just the one carp. The best line for carp was the right margin were I fished it down the slope and took 8 decent carp on 8mm pellet and managed to release quite a few. The left margin had a nice flat spot but didnt realy do anything. Russ had a late run fishing pellet after he got his head in gear, so it was close for the quid. Dave had a decent day on the silvers but was well behind the Bean Machine opposite who was looking like breaking the lakes silvers record. Steve Seager was quiet all day so we knew he was catching. Russ weighed more than I thought and put a total of 59-04 on the scales, but I thought I had that beat. And I did with 59-12. Close but no cigar russ lol. Cheers for the quid mate lol.



 That got me second on the day again. Doing that a lot lately. Steve seagar had 63-01 to take the win. Dave "Beany" Westcott took the silvers with 32-04, just ounces short of the record. No cigar again. Rod Wootton was there today but didnt speak to anybody all day except to moan about the fluff hahahaha. Misserable bugger. full Weights below



No comments:

Post a Comment