Monday 10 May 2021

Tony Rixons Acorn Open

 Acorn was the venue of choice for today, and when I got there, there was a strong wind blowing straight down the lake. The end bank was gonna be uncomfortable for whoever drew it. And yep, it was me. Right opposite the middle canal on peg 9. A nice peg in decent weather. I thought the wind at Landsend was bad on saturday but this was a different league. It blew a holligan all day and never let up for a second. Started the day on 2+2 with maggot over micros. has a few tiny tench, roach, perch and a decent F1 around 1lb. but it was gonna be hard work with the size of most fish. So I tried across to the island. There were plenty showing but presenting a bait was almost impossible. I gave it a good go but when I hooked anythhing they shot to the right into open water and the pole was ripped to the left with the wind ripping the hook out. So after a few times that the pole was sent flying I wasnt prepared to smash it in the wind and binned tha line for the rest of the day. It was a pity as good carp were rolling there all day. And on the wind, I managed to smash the number 4 section in the wind fishing 2+2 it was that bad. I changed to feedeing 4s and fishing 6s half way through and got some good f1s and big tench going, but with no carp the f1s are a waste of time as in Tony`s matches F1s count as carp and theres no way you can get enough to keep up with people catching lumps. So I just chucked them in with my silvers as I wasnt catching enough of them to compete either. I did manage a few carp short late on but it was all too little too late for me. I had nothing down the edges as it was hammering through tight in with the wind causing a heavy tow from the middle canal.  I was glad when the all out was called as I felt like id been in a fight with Mike Tyson after that battering by the wind. I weighed in for the fun of it even though I knew I had no chance of a result. My F1s and silver were a 50/50 split for 29lb, and the carp took it to 45-3. No coin for me today. Dave Inges was top weight from peg 2 with 109lb. Hes on a roll at the mo. Tony was second with 81-01 from mill pond peg 38. Top silvers was ray Cooper from peg 36 with 30-14. Full results below.




No comments:

Post a Comment