Saturday 8 May 2021

Landsend Saturday open 8/5/2021

 The forecast today was for loads of rain so wasnt sure if i was looking forward to a day on the bank, but its better than staring at a tv. Mike did the draw and I was first in line. out comes 16, lovely jubbly.


I had Dave "Mary Berry" Ings to my left so I was pretty sure he would go for the silvers as it had a good weight there last week. 4 rigs today. A silvers rig for 2+2, Carp rig for the same line and just about anywhere in the peg. Same depth all over. An edge rig for the right margin. and a shallow rig for across in 2 foot of water. Started on the silvers rig with pellet to see if they would play but it wasnt prolific. Had a few small tench and a couple of roach, plus a bonus 2lb F1. Then a decent carp and on 4-6 elastic it was a struggle. Went across after 45 minutes and that is where I stayed for a lot of the day after that. Even though it was a gail force wind it was straight off my back so it didnt touch the pole. It did however make pinging pellets across a bit tricky. lets just say the rats are gonna have a mighty feed tonight. One pouch full in the water and three on the island if I was lucky. It did keep Dave amused with my tourettes. First half of the match I had the silver and 9 carp. Then it slowed right up and it was a struggle to get a bite for the secong half. I did pick up another five carp, but the bites would come in quick spurts then nothing for ages. At the end id clicked 70lb plus the silvers. The scales came around and Joe Massey was winning with 52lb. dave put 20-01 of silvers plus one carp on the scale for a total of 25-14. A nice day with loads of bites, even though the little tench keep coming off causing more tourettes. My silvers went 6-05 and the carp 65-10 for a total of 71-15 which was enough for the match win. Long time since Ive had one of those. Should of had a quid with Compo Peck. Simon Hawkins was second from peg 21 with 58-12. Beany called the all out 30 minutes early confusing everybody. Plonker. Gonna buy him a watch with big numbers on it as he obviously cant see the one hes got lol. full weigh shett below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment