Monday 2 May 2016

Acorn Open.

Had my sights on fishing Harescombe today but it was booked up so it was off to Acorn instead. Got there in time for a cooked breaky only to find the kit hen wasn't open. Bugger. No breaky, no sarnies. Gonna be a tough day with no food lol. 22 fishing so it was almost every other peg. At least one empty peg next to every angler. Into the bag and ping pong g ball 34 comes out ( smile on face ). With the wind d promising to get strong it could be a difficult day. Four rigs today. A .15 slim for over to the far bank at 12 1/2 metres amongst the bridge iron work on pellet. A . 4 slim for pellet at 2+1 in front. A other .4 slim for 2+2 for corn to the left at a 10 o'clock angle. No bites on that so no more mentions of it. And a .15 mugger for my right margin toward the bridge. Started with a kinder pot of 4 mm and slipped a 6mm in the band and lowered it in. Ooooosh , it hardly broke the surface and shot away. Number one in the net. Next drop in same thing. Smilling again :-). Over the next 40 minutes I put ten carp in the net. Then I lost two in quick succession and the fish vanished. So a look on the 2+1 pellet line and sat on that for 20 minutes with no bites. Serious need of a few silvers in this place. It seems it's carp or nothing. Back over on the long line and it was still quiet. It started taking quite heavily, so 90 minutes in and I took a look in the margin where I had been feeding g maggot. Slipped a piece of corn on and 30 seconds later and I was I to a decent t fish. It was solid in there with 8 fish in ten drop ins. Then it died. No reason why. Guess too many to quickly. So it was back on the 2+1 where I got two more. 20 carp in the first 3 hours. Then suddenly the rain got real heavy and the wind switched  around  blowing through the gaps by the sheds. And that's when it all changed. The fish just vanished. I had a barren spell for 30 minutes, no bites anywhere. The guy the other side of the bridge on 33,  who was struggling was now catching. But at least the wind change made fishing long alot easier. Had a few more over long, and a couple more on the 2+1 pellet line but it wasn't anything like the first three hours. So I decided to change my short pellet line to maggot and that did bring me three late carp. In total I put 28 in the net that went 87lb dead.
First on the day was Bob Gullick87-8 with 91lb caught on soft pellet over micros on peg 9.
I was second.
Third don Don S? 82-7 from peg 7.
All in all it fished OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment