Saturday 18 March 2017

Landsend Saturday open 18/3/17

Back to this great fishery for the usual Saturday knock up. Realy hoping to draw the top end of the lake which is by far the most consistent area for wins. Can't remember the last time I drew up there. Was gonna ask someone to take a photo for me so I could see what it looks like. Into the draw and out comes 21. Yep, the wrong end again. A good silvers peg, but I don't have the patience to sit it out for them so I was gonna target carp on a 7m pole line on meat as my main attack. The wind was pretty bad and didn't think I'd get much dangling done against the island at 16m, but I did set up a shallow rig to give it a go. Also a rig to fish meat against platform 20. Just in case, I did set up a silvers rig at 11m to fish 4mm over micros just incase it didn't go to plan. At the start I started on the meat line and it took about 15 minutes to get one. It was a decent fish I hooked on the eye, which was unfortunate, as it only had one eye, and the hook was right through his good one. Mike Ducket to my right got off to a flyer and was catching on meat. Rich Loveren to my left was doing his best to moan a few on the hook, and boy can he go on. I thought Steve Seager talked alot lol, but he is an amatuer compared to Rich. My next fish was a tench but it was very slow. After an hour I tried the shallow island line during a lul in the wind, but again very slow with nothing showing. So it was onto the silvers line. Tried that for 30 minute but I only had two bites and two skimmers. It was a case of searching around trying to find bites. I tried the platform to my left and had two carp and two big skimmers before that died. Had a couple more from the meat line but it never really got going today. At the end I had 50-02 for nowhere on the day. Mike and Rich both did me today so not happy about being beaten both sides. Thought it might have been better as the weather was mild. Overall it was better than of late, so things are improving.
1st Martin Rayet, peg 16, 90-02
2nd Leon Hubbard, peg 13, 74-08
3rd Rich Loveren, peg 20, 68-12
1st in silvers with a very nice bag of skimmers Mark Walsh with 29-13 from peg 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment